Aria

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Aria

Post by Nonomino on 2010-12-17, 21:26

Aqua and Aria take place in the early 24th century, starting in 2301 AD, in the city of Neo-Venezia on the planet Aqua—formerly Mars, which was renamed after being terraformed into a habitable planet covered in oceans around 150 years ago. Neo-Venezia, based on Venice in both architecture and atmosphere, is a harbor city of narrow canals instead of streets, traveled by unmotorized gondolas.

At the start of Aqua, a young woman named Akari arrives from Manhome (formerly Earth) to become a trainee gondolier with Aria Company, one of the three most prestigious water-guide companies in the city. Her dream is to become an undine, a gondolier who acts as tour guide. As she trains, Akari befriends her mentor Alicia, trainees and seniors from rival companies - Aika, Alice, Akira and Athena and others characters in the Neo-Venezia city. Aqua covers Akari's arrival on Aqua and her early training as a Pair, or apprentice, while Aria continues her training as a Single, or journeyman, culminating in the graduation of her, Aika, and Alice as full Prima undines.

Each chapter is a slice of life episode of Akari's exploration of the worlds of gondoliering, Neo-Venezia, and Aqua itself. Amano frequently uses several pages of lush art to depict an environment, showing the wonder of both everyday activities as well as one-of-a-kind events.
Source : Wikipedia

Does anyone here is an Aria fan? It's my favourite manga so far, and one of the only manga I read with pleasure. I used to be a manga fan, but a few years ago I suddenly became annoyed and wasn't able to read any manga except Aria (and a few, few others).
It's so optimistic and beautiful, whenever I'm feeling down, I read a chapter and I immediately feel better. smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
Country Flag : French
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you're a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

View user profile http://russiancaravan.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Aria

Post by -ALT- on 2010-12-18, 00:41

OMG Nonomino! I'm a big big big big fan of Aria too! Love the simplicity of the story, as well as the way it flows. It feels like a story telling the tale of another beautiful story (if that makes sense) XD I love the slow pace feeling that roams the entire story, telling one to take a step back and look at the wonderful things all around, to stop for a moment and appreciate the essence of life. It makes one fall in love, fall in love with every little things around you, regardless of the joy and sadness they bring.

I'm actually a collector of Amano san's manga~ in fact, I have all her released work arranged on my bookshelves XD
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2010-12-18, 21:27

Wow! We have so many tastes in common. ^__^

-ALT- wrote:I love the slow pace feeling that roams the entire story, telling one to take a step back and look at the wonderful things all around, to stop for a moment and appreciate the essence of life. It makes one fall in love, fall in love with every little things around you, regardless of the joy and sadness they bring.
I totally agree. adore I wish they were more manga like this... It really heals the soul.

-ALT- wrote:I'm actually a collector of Amano san's manga~ in fact, I have all her released work arranged on my bookshelves XD
Lucky you! Here in France we only have Aria (and Aqua). ;_; But I heard Amanchu! will soon be released in french. ~ Looking forward to reading it!
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you're a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2010-12-19, 16:14

Yea! Hope you have a chance to read it too! smile Amano sensei's drawing really improved over the years~ Aria is simply beautiful (especially the setting and environment itself) and Akari in the final chapter of the story changed so much that I almost couldn't recognise her XD

Nonomino~ maybe you would like to try 'Yotsubato!' It's another slice-of-life but simply hilarious manga that will brighten your day up~ big smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2010-12-19, 20:22

Sadly I couldn't read Aria past the 7th tome because the french publisher stopped the publication. cry Plus I am stubborn and don't want to read scans.
I hope the others will soon be released by the same or another publisher...

Thanks for the the advice, I will try! ^_^
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2010-12-25, 03:25

You're welcome! Hope that you'll like Yotsubato too big smile Aria is licensed in France right? I hope some other publisher will resume the publication sad Anyway~ who is your favorite character or moment in Aria? smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LavenderYuki on 2010-12-31, 00:18

I watched a few episodes back when crunchyroll was a reliable source of animu. I like it. maybe I should continue catching up from where I last left it.
LavenderYuki

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For Rurutia's little guardian angel :D - -ALT-

View user profile http://mizrock20.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-01-01, 01:42

-ALT- wrote:You're welcome! Hope that you'll like Yotsubato too big smile Aria is licensed in France right? I hope some other publisher will resume the publication sad Anyway~ who is your favorite character or moment in Aria? smile

My favourite character is Akari, I'm in love with her way of seeing life. adore I like Akatsuki a lot too, he makes me laugh so much.
But I can't decide about my favourite moment, there are too much scenes I like to decide. XD

What about you? smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-01-02, 19:13

I didn't really catch the anime, bought the manga instead~ big smile

@Nonomino

Akari is a really adorable girl, innocent and filled with charm. My favorite character is actually Cait Sith (Kyeto Shii, the big black cat). I love the mysticly warm aura that Kyeto Shii gives out, which characterized the mystique of Neo-Venezia itself. I'm mesmerized by the moments and manner he appear and bring Akari out of possible ordeals. Somehow, that captivated me totally smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top