A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Akiko and her interests in foreign languages

+7
Spinel
Artesox
F r i s k
yukihime03
phio_chan
kazaki03
LavenderYuki
11 posters

Go down

Akiko and her interests in foreign languages Empty Akiko and her interests in foreign languages

Post by LavenderYuki 2011-04-18, 12:47

I thought of putting 'Akiko and her interests in European languages' but I think I remember she had one song in Tibetan(?).

It just occurred to me and got me thinking, is there any where in her profile saying she's a student of languages? I assume a performer isn't her day job, just something she did on occasional. Though she might not write all her foreign languages' song, and prolly get professional translator to translate it from Japanese, I just can't help but picturing her as an academic person.

Seeing she's capable of playing some instruments made me want to imagine her as a music instructor or something. Must be cool to have her as my piano teacher<3

LavenderYuki
LavenderYuki

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For Rurutia&#39;s little guardian angel :D - -ALT-

http://mizrock20.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Akiko and her interests in foreign languages Empty Re: Akiko and her interests in foreign languages

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-18, 21:58

She made me create my Seven Original Languages (as seen below in my signature) and a Corrupted Language. Thanks to her, I got interested in learning other languages, like Hymmnos. xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Philippines
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

http://www.kazaki-music.asia/

Back to top Go down

Akiko and her interests in foreign languages Empty Re: Akiko and her interests in foreign languages

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-19, 03:02

I want her as my private teacher. I won't have to go to school anymore; she has everything I love most in this world (I think): music and language.

Tibetan? For real? O.o Just how many language can this person speak? But she is not fluent in all of them, right? Only some of them, maybe. I think Hymmnos and Italian are among them.
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by yukihime03 2011-04-19, 04:03

Ha! I agree with phio-chan except for the school thing... I still need the knowledge from school, you know... :P
We both (I and Shikata-san, I mean) love music and language but there's also another thing, we both like Greek myths somehow.. ^-^ I want to know what she thinks of Greek myths...
Oh well, she's really a rare genius.. ^-^
yukihime03
yukihime03
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A welcome gift. :3 - freija93 I know you love it. - freija93 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You love chocolate don&#39;t you ;) - -ALT- It&#39;s orange flavor, I think... - hikaru miaka Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for our snow princess ^^ - svetyalana So snowy~ - phio_chan Happy birthday! - phio_chan Because I can&#39;t send you one in real life. XD - phio_chan

http://yukihime03.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by F r i s k 2011-04-19, 05:24

LavenderYuki wrote: I assume a performer isn't her day job, just something she did on occasional.
lol I always assumed it was X///O (Not necessarily preforming, but making music.)

I'm not really sure why, but I could totally see Shikata-san at a university learning about myths, a new language or taking a music appreciation class (or something to that affect). Sitting in class and taking notes in a cute little notebook <3 >////<

Anyways, according to this it's Ancient Tibetan.
F r i s k
F r i s k
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section
Country Flag : United States
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 sweets for energy! - phio69 have a great day. - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For everything you&#39;ve done for us :D - -ALT- For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-04-19, 11:55

Shikata is omniscient
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Brazil
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-20, 21:53

LOL that post was helpful. She actually knows a lot of languages. And hard ones too. xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinel 2011-04-29, 05:50

Ah, she is great for her interest in other language, but sometimes it's not the best. Like the French in La Corolle from Navigatoria. It actually has horrible grammar and such, not to mention HOLLOW that has that type of Engrish.

Even so, she is great for knowing so much language (or at least, her lyric writers do).
Spinel
Spinel

A welcome gift. :3 - freija93 So you enjoy your stay here. ^^ - freija93

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T 2011-04-29, 06:07

I agree with Suppi-san (aha, that sounds weird. Should I stick with Spinel-san?). I love that Shikata-san uses so many different languages, but it sounds very weird occasionally, especially if you know what the language is supposed to sound like. For example, I had no idea she used Turkish (my second language) in Harukanaru Tabiji until I read the lyrics, because her accent was rather...atrocious.

Oh well, I don't really mind though. Shikata-san is a goddess in my eyes regardless. ^_^
Ellie_T
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : United States
Enjoy this new home, hopefully. - phio69 Now I know you are a kind person. Thank you! ^^ - phio69 Because I wanted to give you something! :) - Nonomino You are NOT not worthy. ^^ - freija93 Lots of love for you~ - frejia93 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Congrats for becoming a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A memento of times past~ - Ellie_T Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for the best Mafia admin~ - svetyalana For inspiration and the snow hymmnos idea, thank you. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-04-29, 06:20

Spinel wrote:Ah, she is great for her interest in other language, but sometimes it's not the best. Like the French in La Corolle from Navigatoria. It actually has horrible grammar and such, not to mention HOLLOW that has that type of Engrish.

Even so, she is great for knowing so much language (or at least, her lyric writers do).

geez, HOLLOW was very cool
but elizabethan english + japanese accent was very hard to understand :P

But I think that she already sing well in Italian (at least it sounds good)

Humm,I wanted to hear she singing in Portuguese, she say some words like Primavera (spring) and harmonia very close to how we say it
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-29, 19:27

When she used German in Uzumebi and Kaze to Rashinban, I was like "OMG YUKI KAJIURA STYLE! XDDD >_<", but of course, with Shikata originality. Beautiful nyeeeh~.

Actually, some of my relatives are German, but they only migrated there. I wanted to learn that too, but it seems a little hard (to pronounce). xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by LavenderYuki 2011-04-29, 20:39

^ I believe Tsukiko Amano wrote Uzumebi for her. Tsukko had not sing in any other language except for English herself so I'm assuming Akiko got the lyrics to a translator just to add the awesomeness.

so I can conclude that it's possible she might be a student of languages and majoring in Italian... or just someone who has an interest to sing in many languages? that's so cool.

did she ever reveal her age in her profile? I can't quite recall if she ever did
LavenderYuki
LavenderYuki

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For Rurutia&#39;s little guardian angel :D - -ALT-

http://mizrock20.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-30, 00:54

As far as I know, she didn't reveal any information about her age. That's too bad. We can't send her a birthday cake because we can't tell her age. But we can still do something! smile

And yeah, I believe she studied some of major languages (like Italian and German, maybe?), but maybe the rest of languages were only for special songs only; she didn't study them deeper.

But if, IF, she really studied them all, then she is indeed more than just awesome.
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarvesperia 2011-05-20, 23:23

I love the fact she sings in so many languages,but as many did say before me,i'll tell you that if i hadn't read information i wouldn't notice that some of her songs had greek in them XD Her accent is...not greek XD
And the italian are ok i guess but i doubt she's fluent in them either.I mean,they are mostly correct in grammar(well...better than Kajiura's italian XD ) but her accent isn't that great.Most japanese artists have hard time to get used to Italian accent though.All i know is that Kokia is the best with italian(at least accent-wise) Still,i like how she sounds in ALL the songs smile
lunarvesperia
lunarvesperia

So you may be as awesome as a dragon. - phio_chan A cake to welcome you! - phio_chan

http://www.lastfm.it/user/LunarvesperiA

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-21, 03:09

Kajiura-sensei, Italian songs? :O

In general, I think Japanese singers are having quite a hard time singing in a foreign language. Their accent of Japanese is very strong. Not trying to be offense, but I think I rarely meet a Japanese singer who is fluent in English.

Yet still, I like the idea of her mixing various languages in her songs. That's so unique, just like Hymmnos and Kajiura-sensei's Kajiuran (her own language). XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarvesperia 2011-05-21, 03:20

Yeah,never heard of Canta per me Phio-san? :O and other songs of Yuki i don't remember now ;_; Hymmnos is so beautiful,yeah big smile
lunarvesperia
lunarvesperia

So you may be as awesome as a dragon. - phio_chan A cake to welcome you! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-21, 03:22

*dies* I fail as Kajiura-sensei's fan. I forget that Canta Per Me's lyrics is Italian. =____= I love that one, it's too short but it's awesome! big smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarvesperia 2011-05-21, 05:25

No worries it happens!Yes it is really nice big smile
lunarvesperia
lunarvesperia

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-05-21, 13:30

I like accents : )

But yeah, sometimes it just don't make sense
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-21, 19:55

Kajiura isn't the only one who has "Kajiuran" language.

There's also Hitomi Kuroishi who has "Hitomi" language.
Code Geass. xD

Now I wanna do Hymmnos covers of Hitomi. LOL
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by aquagon 2011-05-22, 07:55

There was also Eri Kawai (RIP), who sung in completely made-up languages (ie: the OP theme to the first arc of the Tales of Symphonia OVAs: ALMATERIA).

As for Shikata-sama, I'm inclined to think that she actually knows Italian, but hires professional translators for the lyrics in other languages, as shown by the credits she gives in her albums to some embassies and language institutes.
aquagon
aquagon
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

A welcome gift. - phio_chan Another welcome gift. XD - phio_chan Welcome to ASH! \^o^/ - yukihime03 Welcome Aquagon-sama! Here&#39;s a rollcake for you. :) - kazaki03 A map of this awesome place - Artesox For coming down from the heavens to this humble place. :) - kazaki03

http://aquagon-drag.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-22, 17:43

Wow. I didn't know that. But still, she uses a lot of languages.

As for me, I also use a lot of languages (usually made-up languages) when I write songs, but I'm not very fluent in those languages and they're mostly for song creation only.

I guess the same case with Shikata singing in Hymmnos.

It's actually fun to sing in a different language. Although a lot of people in our country think it's "weird" or "a way to include subliminal messages". Sheesh. xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2011-05-22, 20:04

But, for exemple, Byakumu's lyrics are written by Shikata herself. Thus, It's quite obvious that she actually knows Italian *___*
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-22, 20:07

I suppose she did study Italian herself, but not very deep to be able to speak on it fluently. Maybe once in a while she would need a professional translator to help her translate the lyrics, but I think she must at least have a basic knowledge in it.
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-23, 00:54

Speaking of the Tales series, I hear Shikata sang in "the game's language" in the Inori no Kanata single. What languages is this? Similar to Hymmnos? (Sorry, not a Tales fan, although I only played Legendia out of all of it. Haha fail me again. xD)
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-23, 01:06

Really? I thought it was only random whispers or something. I guess there's nothing really random about Shikata-san singing. XD

...Now that I think again, it feels like Italian. =__=
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-05-23, 02:17

Hmmm, almost every album that she made have at least one music in Italian, I think that she know very well the language ^^

The second language that she most used was Hymmnos, but the third one was Greek or German?
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-24, 00:46

Greek or German is right. But I'm guessing she used Greek more because of Istoria~Musa~. But I also agree that her German is so cool that my aunties and uncles from Germany will like her. xDD

kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down