A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shikata Akiko number 2?

+4
Maruko
Nonomino
svetyalana
-ALT-
8 posters

Go down

Shikata Akiko number 2? Empty Shikata Akiko number 2?

Post by -ALT- 2011-04-19, 20:24

I've found this website... with listeners saying that they're "shikata san no. 2"

There are indeed some striking similarities, not only in terms of the music style, but also the voice(s).

Lily&Re:

Just click on the link and press the "play" button below the image of their alstroemeria album.

The vocal is done by Lily&Re: (I believe they're a duo)
Compositions & Lyrics by:Kaoling

I genuinely believe that they're a doujin group inspired by Shikata Akiko

You can also watch their individual performance on Nico Nico~ ( i can put up the links if you all wanna watch them ^^)

I'm currently following them~ will buy their album when it's released XD

Last edited by -ALT- on 2011-04-19, 20:37; edited 1 time in total
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Shikata Akiko number 2? Empty Re: Shikata Akiko number 2?

Post by svetyalana 2011-04-19, 20:33

Yeah... I think some of their main melodies are really common...

But no one can repeat Shikata-san's individual style!
svetyalana
svetyalana

Welcome! ^-^ - yukihime03 I thought it matched you? :P - freija93 I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana As cute as this! :3 - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-04-19, 20:46

Yeah, the style is VERY similar. I just hope that it's a group 'inspired' by Shikata san and not a group "mimicking" her... but I kinda like their songs (maybe that's because i really like shikata san =X)
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino 2011-04-19, 21:41

o__o It's totally like her.

I just hope that it's a group 'inspired' by Shikata san and not a group "mimicking" her...

I hope so... I don't like imitators (especially because of experiences some of my friends lived). é_è Even though I like what they do. T_T
I'll still follow them!
Nonomino
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
Country Flag : French
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you're a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

http://russiancaravan.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by svetyalana 2011-04-21, 03:21

Nonomino you're right! She's pretty~
svetyalana
svetyalana

Welcome! ^-^ - yukihime03 I thought it matched you? :P - freija93 I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana As cute as this! :3 - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2011-04-21, 06:52

MMmmh... actually they're very similar to Akiko... but they are two people... Akiko-san is completely alone. This make the difference <3
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinel 2011-04-29, 06:43

Ah, quite awesome. I'll try following them for a while. Is there any downloads available yet? oAo

Aiyah, silly me, their release is the 1st of May
Spinel
Spinel

A welcome gift. :3 - freija93 So you enjoy your stay here. ^^ - freija93

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-04-29, 09:57

They are like the Akiko singing songs like makeda ~ Queen of sheba~, haresugita no sora. and some AT songs. But all this in the same song

No really, one of the songs sounded like Ar Ciel Ar dor with the vocal of Maked and Haresugita, : P
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Brazil
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2011-04-30, 02:29

Wich one, Artesox? °A°
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-04-30, 13:56

I don't know ºAº
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-02, 17:49

Ah~ I just realised that the composer (Kaoling) is one of the composers for Final Fantasy Tactics original soundtracks. Wow~ anyway~ their album was released yesterday~ but they're not on sale in stores yet T___T

Tracklist (click on the links to hear the songs)

01 神の名前に堕ちる者 (Lily Version;Combined version)
02 Memoria 君の赴くままに
03 羽根はないけど私は飛べる(Lily Version)
04 昔の話をしましょうか
05 E-nechtear,Liz-na
06 見えない黒に堕ちてゆけ (full version)
07 ♪ⅰ‐神の名前に堕ちる者(Voice Only)
08 ♪ⅱ‐ユークリッドと僕の解(Ver Re:)
09 ♪ⅲ‐ユークリッドと僕の解(Ver Lily)

Last edited by -ALT- on 2011-05-03, 01:43; edited 1 time in total
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino 2011-05-02, 19:19

-ALT- wrote:Ah~ I just realised that the composer (Kaoling) is one of the composers for Final Fantasy Tactics original soundtracks.

Oooooh so she's Kaori Ohkoshi from FFTA and FFTA2... ... Oh my... o____________________o
She composed my favourite FFTA battle musics! I have always wondered when she would do something else! I can't believe it. I am totally blown away. Wow...

Thank you ALT for telling us who she is... adore *hugs hugs hugs*

Edit: If any of you are curious to know what she did for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. smile It's really different from her doujin.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Nonomino on 2011-05-03, 01:53; edited 1 time in total
Nonomino
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
Country Flag : French
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you&#39;re a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

http://russiancaravan.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-02, 21:09

*hugs hugs* I was surprised too when I found out that Kaoling's the one who composed for FFTA XD Yea~ you're right! The style is sooooo different sweat I like her FFTA compositions too!
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-05-03, 11:55

they are somehow close to the Goddess itself.
Good Q music.

but, even the voices being similar, they are not close to have the same magic as the Goddess
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-03, 14:20

Yeah~ somehow, the more I listen to the songs, the more I feel that the voices are not really similar to Shikata san~ but voice technique wise, yes. Something just feels lacking... probably the quality of the voice as well as the atmosphere they give? But I'll have to say that the music compositions are great~
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-04, 00:19

Still, it's amazing. They are unique to their own way, especially their voices, which made me happy. The composition might be similar, but with different soul of the singer, it becomes different. smile

By the way, Noe-chan, for the first link, you mentioned "Lily version" and "combined version". What are the differences? That first song of Lily version sounds awesome, though. ^__^
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-04, 00:35

Yeah ^^ For the album, the "combined version" was included. Lily (one of the singer) did another version with her singing alone (without Re:), so I thought of putting both up for all of you to listen~ XD

If I'm not wrong, out of the 9 songs, Lily sang the solo for 5~6 of them~ She's the one with the more versatile voice. ;) Re:'s the one with a deeper but more nasal voice (ironic description).
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-04, 00:58

Ah, I see. Thank you for the links! Can't wait to hear their complete album, I bet it's gonna be awesome! big smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jellyfish_marine 2011-05-30, 01:16

I cannot say that I'm a big fan of Kaoling, Lily or Re: but I feel an urge to defend them from a claim that they are a 'Shikata-wanna be' group. I think that, just like any other genre, most songs in Ethnic genre have something in common enough for listeners to be able to easily tell that 'oh, this song sounds ethnic'. Personally, I find Kaoling's songs to be a mix of Yoko Kanno, Shimotsuki Haruka, KOKIA and Enya rather than Shikata-san's. Many of their fans kinda agree that they should not be labelled Shikata II since the style is difference and it would just be rude to Shikata-san.

Originally, all the songs in this album were composed by Kaoling to be sang by Miku (the vocaloid). 'Kami no namae ni ochiru mono' was covered by many Niconico artists (and personally my favourite cover is Yoru's), Lily and Re: were just one of those singers that took liking to this song and challenged themselves in singing and mixing the over 30-choruses song.

I beleive that Lily is pretty much inspired by Shikata-san and many other artists with the ethnic or whisper-voice style as reflected in her earlier works. She's more keen at singing in whisper-voice. I did not really like her at first because she always uses special effects to make some of her vocal tracks sound rusty and 'ancient' (kind of 'cheat' to me) but she doesn't do that in ALSTROeMERIA so I'm chaning my opinion toward her now.

Re: is quite a well-known Vocaloid composer. He actually did a short a capella cover of Utau Oka~Eolia years ago so perhaps it's safe to presume that he's also a Shikata-san's fan. Re: and Lily sang duet for the first time in a cover of an ethnic Vocaloid song by HitoshitzukuP. Their latest cover is Matrovsika, which is by no mean an ethnic song ^^ili.

One issue I have with ALSTROeMERIA is how they handle Re:'s singing part. I just don't understand why Kaoling (and to some extent, Lily) have him sing in high-pitch since it's so obvious that his high-pitch is so nasal that it sounds funny, and this problem kinda ruins their duet. Kouhei, Owata, Halyosy or Soraru would have been a better singer for high-pitch voice but well,...it's not like you can find someone willing to sing ethnic song easily.

I've got the CD now, will upload it for you guys.
jellyfish_marine
jellyfish_marine

So that you find yourself at home. - phio_chan Welcome to ASH! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-31, 13:59

Actually, the people don't really think that they're copying shikata san... "shikata no. 2" was actually given to them by many other fans/listeners (that title surfaced when I came across them). However, I do understand your point about that might be rude to Shikata san...

Personally, I don't feel that Kaoling's compositions have any relation to Shikata san, instead, I believe that Lily and Re: are the ones inspired by Shikata san... although that's just a personal opinion. I've heard other versions of the songs too... a couple of them did pretty well, including Lily. As for the part about Re:, I agree that Re:'s voice actually changed the 'atmosphere' of the song at the high parts. I'm not a big fan of Re: but I will have to say that Re: tried hard smile
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down