Moving out? Changing host?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Moving out? Changing host?

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-23, 20:52

Hello, my lovely friends, members of ASH! big smile I'm on my crazy mode at the moment so forgive me of this post. XD

I stumbled across another international forum for a Korean singer last night. Well, if you'd like to take a look, here it is:

http://weheartiu.com/forums/

I joined the forum yesterday. I like that singer, IU, since her appearance in a K-drama. Plus she has a nice voice and she is very cute and young! :P

Anyway, my point is that, I suddenly feel the urge of wanting to turn this place like that too. We are practically on the same boat, but that community had run very well. I rarely join a fan-community online so I didn't know what they do, but currently the members there are planning to buy lots of things and sending the singer a message book for her birthday. Isn't it awesome?

I hope we can bring ourselves to that level as well, although I understand if it won't happen fast since we're still new and small. Now I feel like changing the forum software, haha~ I'd love to get vBulletin or IPB since they are among the best forum softwares out there, but they are quite expensive, I bet...

So I wonder. If I were to ask you guys to donate, for forum software or for sending things like that to Shikata-san, what would you say?

And also, I'd like to know if anyone is interested in helping me to revive the Blog Translation section? I need people who can read Japanese and translate them to English.

Thank you so much! smile

Last edited by phio_chan on 2011-06-05, 20:31; edited 3 times in total

Signature by Chibi Graphics
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

View user profile http://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: Moving out? Changing host?

Post by Artesox on 2011-04-24, 07:41

Good, now we have a road to follow ^^

Hummm. I have to check about the money, but eh... do you remember whem I said that I was going to create and site? I did actually talked with my parents about paying an good service for it, but now my project is kinda frozen because of school and etc . I cant assure anything, since times changed a lot since that day, but maybe I still can get that money, then we could afford an better service for the forum.

I would like to explain and comment better, but I'm in a big hurry now
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Brazil
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-24, 16:46

Maybe you can tell us about the price of the software and we can prob work something out from there? smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-24, 22:53

@Artesox: My, that would be great. My wish is that we could make a website and a forum about Akiko Shikata, integrated together, where we unite the fans of Shikata-san from all over the world. Sometimes I think it's not impossible to do, but when it comes like this I can't help feeling powerless as well...

Wasabi-chan has created a website before, right? On a .co.cc domain, though. But it's not a problem, we can start from there! big smile

I'm looking forward to hear more of your comments. smile

@Noe-chan: Okay. I'll go gather the information and post it here so you guys can see it. ^^

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-24, 23:36

Forum software type:
-- phpBB
-- MyBB
-- Zetaboards
-- punBB
-- IPB
-- vBulletin

As far as I know, phpBB and MyBB are free for us to download. However, we would need to buy a domain and a host. For Zetaboards, we only need to buy the domain as it has been hosted. I still don't know about this, though. For IPB and vBulletin, we need to buy the license, then get a host. Last time I checked, both of them are expensive (> $100). Well, worth the software, I suppose. ^^

When it comes to hosting and such, I really don't know what to do. So I'll need to go ask people around or ask for help. :3

About the hosting, there are lots of hosting sites out there. For phpBB, list of hosting sites are available on its website. It looks like they work together. The price is around $6-7 per month.

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-25, 01:19

Ah~ Thanks for the info Phio chan~! big smile Is it possible for us to start with relatively cheaper softwares... once we've more people and more organised database, we can move on to more expensive software (if they're better)?

I've forgotten to write in the previous post that I'll start with the blog translation after my exam, which will end around mid may. Will that be alright? smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-04-25, 09:43

Oh wow, this sounds interesting! While I admit I've grown fond of the current incarnation of this board, I wouldn't object to a change. While money is a bit tight for me, I'll help out any way I can, at the very least $10-15 a month ^_^;;

I know nothing about forum software or hosting sites, so I'm afraid I can't be of any help there~ Good luck guys!
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : United States
Enjoy this new home, hopefully. - phio69 Now I know you are a kind person. Thank you! ^^ - phio69 Because I wanted to give you something! :) - Nonomino You are NOT not worthy. ^^ - freija93 Lots of love for you~ - frejia93 You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Congrats for becoming a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A memento of times past~ - Ellie_T Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for the best Mafia admin~ - svetyalana For inspiration and the snow hymmnos idea, thank you. :) - kazaki03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-26, 00:02

@Noe-chan: Of course. I'm planning to use phpBB first as it's free. That way we would only have to pay for the host. Later I'll try saving and maybe open a donation until we can buy another forum software. That is my long-time project. I still haven't confirmed how to use online money accounts. XD

And thank you for translating! Well, I can't complain since I know everyone is busy. So it's perfectly okay. smile

@Ellie-chan: Thank you soooo much! big smile Don't worry about the money too much; we can just take it slowly. ^^

Um, is there anyone here familiar with online money accounts? Like in PayPal. I want to know how such things work, as I'm quite afraid to spend money online... Thank you! smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-26, 00:28

I don't know much about hosting either.. so can't really help. If it's money, maybe I can help a little with it. Sometimes, I use the paypal to purchase things online... maybe I can help a little with that smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-26, 00:40

-ALT- wrote:Sometimes, I use the paypal to purchase things online... maybe I can help a little with that smile

This. I need help A LOT about this. I can ask for a help for moving this forum out of its current host to a new one; it's a piece of cake. XD But I'm highly worried about money. Even though the amount might not be too much.

Care to explain a bit how you used PayPal, Noe-chan? smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-26, 00:43

Haha~ how I used paypal? Do you mean the purpose or the transaction itself? Em~ I used it for buying things on places like Amazon and ebay... I've also used it to transfer funds between accounts. Something like that~ hahaha
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-26, 00:51

Okay, I understand it that far. smile

First, how did you make an account? Did you enter your account number on a bank there or your debit or credit card number or what? And is it free to create an account there or must we pay? smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-04-26, 00:55

I love the ideas!

But beware, forum softwares are quite difficult to use. confused I already tried phpBB a few times, and... well, it was much harder than I thought it would be. So, yeah, I think it's wiser to choose a free software first as you said. smile

And I don't know if I can help with money, I still depend a lot on my parents' money... Sooorry. cry

big smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
Country Flag : French
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you're a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

View user profile http://russiancaravan.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-26, 01:01

It's free to create a paypal account smile However, just ensure that all information keyed in are real and accurate ^^

To create an account, you'll need to link that account to a valid card (any credit/debit card with that 16-digit number) or a bank account that can do internet banking. When making purchase/transfer of funds, you can either choose to do so with the card you linked with ur paypal; or if you don't want others to know your card number, you can first transfer the money into your paypal account, and then proceed to carry out transaction using paypal account instead. If I don't remember wrongly, buyers are not charged extra for using paypal to pay. On the other hand, sellers are charged a low fee for making accepting paypal payment smile

Last edited by -ALT- on 2011-04-26, 01:08; edited 1 time in total
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-04-26, 01:03

I've used Paypal a lot for buying things, like Alt-san has. An account for just sending money is free to create, but I believe there is a small fee to receive money. And you do have to link a bank account to your Paypal account. You enter your bank account details, and Paypal makes two small deposits into your bank account (<$1). You have to give them the exact amounts to confirm your account. I don't know much about the rest of it when it comes to receiving money, sorry ^_^;

edit: Whoops, Alt-san got here before me. big smile
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award
Enjoy this new home, hopefully. - phio69 Now I know you are a kind person. Thank you! ^^ - phio69 Because I wanted to give you something! :) - Nonomino You are NOT not worthy. ^^ - freija93 Lots of love for you~ - frejia93 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Congrats for becoming a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A memento of times past~ - Ellie_T Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for the best Mafia admin~ - svetyalana For inspiration and the snow hymmnos idea, thank you. :) - kazaki03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-26, 01:07

Thank you, Nono-chan~~ *hugs*

Yeah, I know. I'm an administrator at another forum which used phpBB as its forum software and well, I have to admit it's confusing enough although my first time dealing with online forum was phpBB. But I can study. smile

As for money, not a problem! Giving support like this, I'm already thankful enough. Actually I still depend on my parents' money as well... But I've talked to them and they agree with this plan as long as the amount is not too big. smile

Ah, I'm so excited~ I hope we can work on this for sure. Artesox is right; when you have plans in the future and a road to follow, things become more interesting. big smile

@Ellie-chan: Noooo, don't strike your sentences~~ I need all information I can get! It doesn't matter if someone has posted about it; I appreciate that you guys want to help me~~ still dreaming

edit: Okay, thank you for all the information! I think now I need to check if banks here support internet banking and make a PayPal account.

*hugs everyone* Ah, how much I feel grateful for having you guys as my friends. smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-27, 00:24

Updates.

I talked to my parents again and also to my uncle who works through internet, and it seems like I would not be able to open an account on PayPal. It requires validation by credit or debit card, as you see. But my uncle told me that using debit card is not safe here.

I'm thinking of another option: What if I ask if we could use one of you guys' PayPal account? So one of us would pay through his/her PayPal account, but the rest of us can still donate to him/her.

What would you say?

edit: Big news, big news!

http://advertisehotspot.co/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=5578&start=20

There, if you'd like to read. If not, let's just say I know someone who offers to host us for FREE! He would also help us move out of this place, install a forum software on his host, and being hosted for free as long as we don't exceed the limit.

What do you guys think? big smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-27, 01:20

Wow~ is Austin a individual who wants to help others or is he linked with the selling of some web service? But it sounds great~ "Our free plan has 512MB Space/ 5GB Bandwidth" <-- per month or... ? If we ran out of bandwidth, does it mean that the forum will be 'closed down' until we upgrade to bigger plans (i.e. pay money)?

As for the paypal, I'll ask my mom if she agree in letting me use my account. smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-27, 01:23

Yep, this Austin is. He currently opens a host service, so when we move later, we'll use his host. I'm not too friendly with him, but I've been working with him that I know he's trustworthy. smile

I'll relay your questions to him, okay? And then we'll see the answer. big smile

As for the PayPal account, thank you very much! But if we can take this free plan, why bother paying? XD

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-27, 01:29

Hahah~ that's true XD It'll be problematic if they close down the forum when the bandwidth runs out~ >____< Hope that he'll give us a good deal ;)
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-27, 01:36

Yep!! big smile *even more excited to know it can be free*

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-28, 19:03

Updates.

Moving out of the current host (ForuMotion) means that we would have to find a host and a forum software to use. We have agreed on using phpBB, a free forum software, to begin with since some other forum softwares must be bought first and are quite expensive. Now we have to find a good host.

As we know, there are tons of sites offering hosting services, with different prices. The one I found most interesting is this one, I suppose:

https://www.uzrhosting.com/billing/index.php?cmd=cart

The price is not too bad compared with other hosts. But I can't tell if it's a good host or not. I'm going to ask someone who's using this host.

And also, moving out of ForuMotion, it would be a waste if we don't change our domain (address) name. By getting our own domain name, we can get more exposure to the site, gain more members and traffics to make our site bigger. So I asked around about buying a domain, and I'm told to buy the domain here, along with prices list for each kind of domain:

http://www.godaddy.com/domains/search.aspx?ci=8990

I'm thinking to use a domain name like harmonia.com or akikoshikata.com or akikoshikata.net, hehe~ But maybe using "akikoshikata" as our domain name is too frontal, right?

Tell me what you think. smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-04-28, 19:33

The host sure is cheap! smile But I have never heard of it... I hope it's good.

I like harmonia.com the most, but... it already exists. oh~ http://harmonia.com/
And so does harmonia.net... Hm... I will try to find some ideas. ~

big smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you&#39;re a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-28, 19:42

Yeah, I do hope so. But we won't know for real if we don't try it for ourselves, right? smile

Eek, you're right! Argh, why did they take the harmonia one?! *cries* I was inspired by Kajiura Yuki fan-site which named itself after one of Kajiura Yuki's work, canta-per-me..~ So I think we'll change our name like that too. smile

Okay, looking forward to hear your suggestions! I'm going to think about it as well~

edit: Idea #1 >> thechroniclekey.com or .net (?)

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-04-28, 20:03

I like it, but I think it's a bit long. smile
Hm... what about pantalea.com/net? It's short, pretty, and it immediatly makes me think of Akiko!

big smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Hooray for Aria Lovers! XD Because you&#39;re a talented designer! - phio69 For being as sweet as chocolate! Thank you for everything. - phio69 So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana for our sweet Serial Killer *O* - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-28, 20:29

I agree. Too bad it's long, it's an awesome name, though. XD Pantalea is also cute! I think we can use that one. It's not yet taken, right? :3

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox on 2011-04-29, 06:17

there is also chouwa :P

also,maybe bird and florest in japanese. is it what, tori mori something? :P
Mori to tori?
Mori no tori?
mori tori ya :P (a reference to neko tori ya,shikata's web shop)

pantelea is pretty to : )
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-04-29, 07:18

I really like the sound of Chroniclekey.net. It's...how to put it...gah, I don't know, my normally erudite vocabulary is failing me. It sounds awesome, okay? However, Pantalea.com is lovely as well...

I don't think we should use her name in the domain name; it sounds more elegant the other way.

I'm going to go with what we've been doing so far and suggest some names from her songs/albums that are available and sound nice:

arphage.net
metafalica.net
uzumebi.net
replekia/replakia.net
rhaplanca.net

Please forgive me if they suck ^_^;

Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award
Enjoy this new home, hopefully. - phio69 Now I know you are a kind person. Thank you! ^^ - phio69 Because I wanted to give you something! :) - Nonomino You are NOT not worthy. ^^ - freija93 Lots of love for you~ - frejia93 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Congrats for becoming a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A memento of times past~ - Ellie_T Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for the best Mafia admin~ - svetyalana For inspiration and the snow hymmnos idea, thank you. :) - kazaki03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox on 2011-04-29, 09:46

I don't know, but putting a AT realted host don't sound well too.
I mean, it will sound more like an AT site than an Akiko site, isn't it?

the same if we put Umineko.com or Hanikisou.com, of course it is related to akiko, but it seems kinda ... strange (Well that is just my opinion)
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-04-29, 14:33

Well, on one hand you do have kind of a point...but when I hear Chronicle Key or Rhaplanca I think of Shikata-san before Ar Tonelico; even if they were used in a series they're still her songs. Hmmm, don't know if I'm making sense. Anyway, I'm not arguing or anything, just throwing ideas out there. I totally support you guys in whatever route you want to take ^_^
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-04-29, 15:33

Wow~ XD We're already at the naming stage? XD

"ShikataGoddess.net" Wahahaha~ alright~ ignore my insanity =X
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-04-30, 00:46

LOL, well, as we waited to gain information about the transfer process as well as information about PayPal accounts, why don't we decide on a domain name we'll buy later, if we all agree to do so? :3

@Ellie-chan: I know, right? chroniclekey sounds so elegant being put together like that. Oh my God, I love metafalica.com/metafalica.net! It sounds super awesome. I also like pantalea.com/net~ Argh, I'm confused of which one to use~ >.<

I think I fall in love with metafalica domain name now. <3

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox on 2011-04-30, 02:20

argh! Metafalica is so pretty ;-;
It fits well, since cloche used it (OK IT WAS HALF OF IT, THE SONG IS A DUET,BUT LETS FORGET ALL THIS FOR A BETTER WORLD >big smile ) to show her awesomeness to a whole country
Raplaka is also good, Shikata worked a lot more in this theme and all, also we can make the joke that we are the fan club that gives power to her big smile

But I still think that pantalea is better, it is 100% the goddess : )
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-02, 03:35

Urgh, I so wanna use metafalica now, it's so super pretty. But I agree that pantalea is more original to her~ I can't choose! I guess we'll just make a poll later on, okay? smile

@Noe-chan: When will your mother arrive home? ^__^

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-05-02, 04:18

I like pantalea domain too XD

@Phio chan
Wed night smile
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-03, 02:27

I so wanna use the metafalica domain! It sounds so beautiful, aigooo~~ But I think we'll go with pantalea as it describes Shikata-san better. *sigh*

@Noe-chan: Okay then. Look forward to it. smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-05-03, 12:10

Awww, I was still holding out for Chroniclekey.com cry

Oh well, Pantalea.net is really nice too ^_^
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-05-03, 19:58

Oooh I'm glad you like my idea. smile

But the other names are nice too. @__@ I agree Metafalica is prettyyyy, but I think it would be better for an Ar Tonelico fansite, sadly...
And Chroniclekey.com is beautiful too...

big smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroi neko on 2011-05-03, 22:53

Yup I think metafalica is good name...hehe... smile

but I think Pantalea is fit too... sweat

(confused)@~@
kuroi neko
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the drawings that&#39;ve brightened up my days :) - -ALT- Because you&#39;re an amazing artist! - phio69 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki

View user profile http://www.facebook.com/meggy.diana#!/profile.php?id=1440292492&

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-03, 23:24

I know. chroniclekey and metafalica are so pretty that I couldn't choose between them. But as much as they are beautiful, pantalea is the most original to her over all. So I guess we'll go with pantalea, is everyone okay with that? smile

But I need to tell you something. Using .net is more expensive than .com. Which one would you want?

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Nonomino on 2011-05-04, 00:11

I'm fine with .com, I like it! No need to choose something too expensive. smile

And I think I don't need to say I agree to use Pantalea!

big smile
Nonomino
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-04, 00:23

LOL~
I agree about not using expensive things as well. As much as I love using .net domain, I don't think we can afford that for now, so I'm thinking to use .com only. ^__^

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-05-04, 00:26

Phio chan~ wanna put up a poll for the new domain name? XP

@Kuroi Neko
Your avatar is cuteeee red heart
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-04, 00:28

I was planning to, but I don't think I'll do it. Considering all the options, almost all domain name suggestions were related to her works in Ar tonelico. Not that they were bad, but I thought it would have been best if we used a domain name which completely represents Shikata-san herself, not related to another series or something. What do you think? smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- on 2011-05-04, 00:53

Yeah big smile Actually the most direct will be ShikataFans.com Or something along that line (e.g. SingingShikata; ShikataVoice). Since we can't use "ShikataAkiko.com", we'll have to think of what represents her most XD
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ellie_T on 2011-05-04, 14:49

Of course, there's no reason to buy .net domains if they're more expensive. ^_^

Pantalea.com...pantalea.com...pantalea....com...

Yup, I'm liking it!

As for Alt-san's suggestions, something like ShikataFans.com WOULD be more straightforward, but I prefer the elegance of Pantalea.com. That's just me, obviously. I think it shouldn't be a problem, since anyone searching for an Akiko Shikata forum should still see us right away.
Ellie_T
Silver Member
Silver Member

VIP Award

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-04, 23:47

I agree with Ellie-chan. I think pantalea fits better anyway. Although I am still deeply in love with chroniclekey and metafalica. cry

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasabi on 2011-05-06, 01:40

if we were to change this forum into akikoshikata.com/forum , we have to get hosting which allows us to use this subdomain cos WP dosnt allow us to get it.so right now im looking for alternatives to get domain + hosting~ so we could use akikoshikata.com for the fansite and akikoshikata.com/forum for the forum smile
Wasabi
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Singapore
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for your support to this forum! - phio69 congratulation on becoming VIP! - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Rest well and enjoy every single day! :D - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A welcome-back gift. - phio_chan

View user profile http://ameblo.jp/mochiikkoo

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan on 2011-05-06, 01:47

Another idea, Wasabi.

Is it possible to cancel your buying of the domain? Since you said you could still be refund within 48 hours. We'll just buy another domain and host a forum that way. How does that sound? smile

phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Wasabi on 2011-05-06, 02:11

yep~or we could just get the hosting since we have the domain already.
Wasabi
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Singapore
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for your support to this forum! - phio69 congratulation on becoming VIP! - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Rest well and enjoy every single day! :D - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino A welcome-back gift. - phio_chan

View user profile http://ameblo.jp/mochiikkoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top