A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sket Dance

Go down

Sket Dance Empty Sket Dance

Post by Kyoki 2011-05-10, 14:11

I started watching this anime earlier today since I kept seeing icons that looked pretty interesting so I decided to check it out. I'm on the second episode right now, still trying to decide if I like it or not. LOL!

Has anyone else watched it yet? Or read the manga? If so, what do you think about it?

Oh for those who haven't heard about it I'll post a little summary that I took from Wikipedia. smile

The manga focuses on the misadventures of the "Campus Support Group" or "Sket-Dan", of Kaimei Gakuen, a club devoted to solving any and all problems brought to it by the staff or student body for the general improvement of campus life. Due to its general lack of meaningful assignments and unglamorous 'group of handymen' reputation the organization is treated with widespread contempt and it is composed of only three members.

The story is told through a series of short, self-contained stories focusing on cases undertaken by the Sket Dan (SKET means Support, Kindness, Encouragement and Troubleshoot), usually told in the space of one to two chapters. Cases to date focus on a variety of issues from more humorous cases like chasing monkeys around the school or helping a wanna-be samurai find out why he cannot win kendo tournaments to more serious cases that hint at Onihime's violent past or deal with near-terminal illness.

Characters from previous cases also often make cameos in later ones and recurring storylines, such as the Sket Dan's rivalry with the school's student council.

So far I can't tell who my favorite character is. I really like the three main characters equally so far. smile

Edit: Now that I think about it... this series... kinda reminds me of Gintama but in a school setting. LOL
Kyoki
Kyoki
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : United States
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for all you have done for ASH - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi happy birthday, Kyoki-chan! - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T For being dedicated to ASH! - freija93 You're one of the best. ^^ - freija93 Here's a dualithnode crystal from Kazaki-Reyvateil desu. xD - kazaki03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

http://kyoki-33.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum