A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Merry Month Of May?

3 posters

Go down

The Merry Month Of May? Empty The Merry Month Of May?

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-22, 18:48

"This should be called 'The Merry Month of May!'"
- Lourd de Veyra, Filipino News Personality & Band Vocalist

Ar Tonelico III: Good or Bad?

Some say that AT3 wasn't really necessary. Some say it's still awesome because it's part of the AT series. But which is right? Don't worry, I'll keep this post as neutral as I can do. And sorry if it's AT2-sided somehow. I haven't played AT1. This is only my personal opinion.

The Good Side:

Qoga still retains the basic principles of reyvateil battles like in AT1 and AT2, but in 3D and a gameplay similar to the Tales series. The characters are cute and the game looks more challenging and real-time. The soundtrack is still as good as ever, especially the Side Blue (KOKIA and Akiko Shikata's songs). Some characters from the previous games return.

The Bad Side:

Some may find the Red Side and the OST quite annoying. I personally prefer the OST of AT2, because the melodies are catchy and more relaxing. AT3 BGMs seem to lack power. The overall game also seems to be like an "unnecessary extension" of the series, because of a less serious plot. And of course, not everyone will like the purge system, which makes the game more -- you know.

Some Differences:

A not-so-notable difference between AT3 and the previous games is the character and culture naming. AT3 is more "Japanized" than AT1 and AT2, especially with the names (Saki, Aoto, Tatsumi, Hikari Gojo).

My Opinion:

Regarding the purge system: well, it's Ar Tonelico after all. I mean, there's the Installs and Dualstalls too, right? And the Combo Magic in AT2. Overall, the AT series may have some innuendos but that's what makes it Ar Tonelico. What matters is the story, not those -- stuff.

Here's an example: Lady GaGa. Why do people still love her even with her over-decorated, seductive, and sacrilegious music videos? The answer is one word: "Art". There's a reason why nude paintings are considered "art". Specifically, the phrase "Art for Art's Sake" (as taught by my professor) means that you enjoy art for yourself regardless of what other people think.

Regarding the Hymmn Concerts: I know people love relaxing melodies and hate annoying melodies. But why are there people who love songs that include screaming, growling, and most of all, usage of different languages? It's just a matter of appreciation and the point of view of the listener. You don't say "I hate that singer", but you should say instead "I dislike that kind of music". And you can't hate something if you don't understand it well. For example, how can you hate Lady GaGa or Justin Bieber without knowing the reason behind their music careers?

The same concept with horror. If you don't know the reason why Sadako Yamamura comes out of the TV trying to kill everyone, if you don't know her story, then you'll get scared of her. But if you did, you would grab her hand and help her get over her psychological problems.

So here's my final advice: don't shoot an anime or a video game because you think it sucks. It wasn't made for a specific person only, it was made by the creators' will. Akira Tsuchiya gave birth to the AT series and we should respect his works just as we respect Akiko Shikata's works, even on her oldest works.

Again, this is only my personal opinion. If you don't agree with me, feel free to comment your inner rage back to my face so I can get a taste of meh.

Thank you and good day.
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Philippines
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here's a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

http://www.kazaki-music.asia/

Back to top Go down

The Merry Month Of May? Empty Re: The Merry Month Of May?

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-22, 20:51

LOL~! You reminded me of a choir song I once sang titled "This Sweet and Merry Month of May". How much I missed that song. XD

Anyway, AT3 is being unique to itself, and I don't think I can complain. Although I am somehow disappointed with the change of battle system, plus this new purge system I've never heard of (obviously, since I haven't touched AT3 at all, duh). But still, I think it's trying to show something different, though.

About the hymmnos songs, well, I can't say I am fond of songs like EP=NOVA, but it has its own charm and being unique in its own way; a way which does not suit my style, so I say.
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarvesperia 2011-05-22, 23:33

I haven't played AT3 yet,but i will do,even though it looks a bit *cough*perveted*cough* .
I have only played the first so far,and i liked it,although the battle system was so slooooow and it had quite a few errors.I liked the Red&Blue cd from the 2nd game more though,if we talk about OSTS big smile

The only 2 things i didn't understand about your post is about
1.Gaga..i don't dislike her,actually i think she's a nice person and i liked some of her songs now and then but i wouldn't put her in the same level as other artists like Akiko.If she's ''art'',i don't like her ''art'' ,but her music and her personality can be cool.
2.Are you talking about the OST or the videogame?i am a bit confused here..to the gamers they aren't directly related.It is a videogame regarding music,but if it's a good game or not,that's regardless of the songs the Reyvateils sing.
Good OST is a plus in the games,but that doesn't affect the game itself,where the principle elements are gameplay,story & grafics.
Can you please specify that ? @_@

Also,it's a matter of fact that fans of AT might like AT3 more than someone that has never heard of those games,ne?I might not have liked it if i wasn't aware of AT games and Akiko's music.(we'll still have to see).

I wonder who make you that pissed though sad I hate it when i like a game and people start saying it was bad and so as well..but most of the time i avoid conversation with them.

@phio:i don't like songs like that as well @_@

edit:err w00t this was your blog :x You can ignore me if you want go i randomly responded like it was a forum post XD
lunarvesperia
lunarvesperia

So you may be as awesome as a dragon. - phio_chan A cake to welcome you! - phio_chan

http://www.lastfm.it/user/LunarvesperiA

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-23, 00:30

@lunarvespria: No it's okay. Like I said, I can accept everything anyone says.

1. Gaga: I'm not putting her in line with Akiko. I'm just summing up the concept or "Art for Art's Sake", in which she also practices, whether people think it sucks, it's "what she really wants". Same goes for Akiko and other artists.

2. OST or Videogame: I like both the OST and the videogame. Although at first it wouldn't be so catchy, but you'll get used to it, as some of Shikata's other songs. But of course, I prefer the Hymmnos concert. What I mean is that compared to AT2, the AT3 background music (from what I've heard in YouTube gameplay videos) isn't as good as the AT2 OST due to lack of ethnic instruments and catchy-ness. Well, that's just my personal taste since I like ethnic music and kind of already bored with standard BGMs.

3. What made me pissed of? That's a secret.

Thank you for responding honestly. smile
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here's a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-23, 00:32

@Phio-chan: Maybe I should play the game if I get the chance, so I could get a better review for it. Ne? Although I don't even have a PSP now. Heheh.

Anyway, thank you for your honest reply. smile
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-23, 00:53

LOL, exactly. Don't worry, the time will come, muahahaha~ :P Gonna wait for ya till ya play it. XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by lunarvesperia 2011-05-23, 03:59

Ah ok thank god i wasn't a bother or something big smile
lunarvesperia
lunarvesperia

So you may be as awesome as a dragon. - phio_chan A cake to welcome you! - phio_chan

http://www.lastfm.it/user/LunarvesperiA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down