A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How did you know Akiko Shikata?

+13
kandori
¬ Bru
Artesox
-ALT-
tiredEyes
Treize
Depthcharge101
kazaki03
veil13
Maruko
F r i s k
Kyoki
phio_chan
17 posters

Go down

I know Akiko Shikata from...

How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_lcap71%How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_rcap 71% 
[ 15 ]
How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_lcap10%How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_rcap 10% 
[ 2 ]
How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_lcap14%How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 3 ]
How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_lcap5%How did you know Akiko Shikata? I_vote_rcap 5% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 21

How did you know Akiko Shikata? Empty How did you know Akiko Shikata?

Post by phio_chan 2010-06-17, 22:20

how did you guys find out about this beautiful Japanese artist? I have attached a poll to this thread, make sure you vote and there and give comments! if you choose the option of "others", please specify it on your post.

for me, the first time I ever known someone named Akiko Shikata is through a game titled Ar tonelico. I had played this game quite some time ago, but when I re-played it again I feel like this game has a nice soundtrack so I went to find its soundtracks on the net. I was amazed by the songs she sang and composed, so I decided to try her other works as well, and here I am now. big smile

Last edited by freija93 on 2011-04-27, 01:10; edited 1 time in total
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

How did you know Akiko Shikata? Empty Re: How did you know Akiko Shikata?

Post by Kyoki 2010-06-18, 05:50

Phio-chan recommended that I listen to some of her music, so I did. And it was awesome. ^.^
Kyoki
Kyoki
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : United States
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for all you have done for ASH - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi happy birthday, Kyoki-chan! - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T For being dedicated to ASH! - freija93 You're one of the best. ^^ - freija93 Here's a dualithnode crystal from Kazaki-Reyvateil desu. xD - kazaki03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

http://kyoki-33.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by F r i s k 2010-08-25, 06:30

I found her through her work for Hanakisou. I saw the opening on youtube and fell in love with her work. She's now my favorite singer.
F r i s k
F r i s k
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 sweets for energy! - phio69 have a great day. - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For everything you've done for us :D - -ALT- For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-09-01, 01:18

I knew her thanks to Umineko no Naku Koro ni OP theme and other songs releated! Then I passed onto Ar Tonelico and I'm actually in love with her <3
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by veil13 2010-09-05, 23:26

From Ar Tonelico 2: Melody of Metafalica. When I heard METHOD_REPLEKIA/. I was so amazed. High voice is high, after all big smile
veil13
veil13
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2010-09-15, 00:33

I first discovered her from the song "Waterway ~MIO", which I initially thought was sung in Korean. Until I discovered it was actually Pastallia Hymmnos. xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Philippines
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

http://www.kazaki-music.asia/

Back to top Go down

Post by Depthcharge101 2010-10-06, 17:48

From Shimotsuki Haruka I knew about Ar tonelico 1.
And got to know her from AT1.

<3 Chronicle Key.
Depthcharge101
Depthcharge101

Country Flag : Australia
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin

http://hisoyakanasenritsu.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Treize 2011-01-12, 19:33

I learned about her from Umineko no Naku Koro ni. It's been a while, so I don't really remember how I came about the visual novel, but I found her song to be really interesting. I then tried out some of her other songs, and now I'm hooked. Unlike most people here, I hadn't really heard her Ar tonelico releases until just recently. I can't really say that her Ar tonelico songs are her best songs, but there are a decent amount of good songs from her in the series.
Treize
Treize
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

For helping to create this place to be more like home. - phio69

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredEyes 2011-01-12, 20:58

I saw a feature for Ar Tonelico on CDJapan. That's the beginning. A lot happened after that before I realized I was listening to a single person called Akiko Shikata.
tiredEyes
tiredEyes

cupcakes for our new friend. - phio69 for your contribution so far! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-01-13, 02:18

Em... I came to know about Shikata san through my granny ^^|| Granny was browsing through the web and found Shikata san's work during her vagrancy days. We purchased and downloaded her songs from her website and by the time I realise, I've been following her for nearly 10 years now. I'll have to say that, Shikata san really improved over the years, which in turn made me love her more and more XD
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-01-13, 02:40

-ALT- wrote:Em... I came to know about Shikata san through my granny ^^|| Granny was browsing through the web and found Shikata san's work during her vagrancy days. We purchased and downloaded her songs from her website and by the time I realise, I've been following her for nearly 10 years now. I'll have to say that, Shikata san really improved over the years, which in turn made me love her more and more XD

OMG ALT!

THE MOST AWESOME GRANDMA EVER
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Brazil
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by ¬ Bru 2011-01-13, 06:39

From Umineko no naku koro ni: my friend sent me a link with the video of Katayoku no Tori for ask me if I knew the anime and now, thanks to her, I love Shikata-san and Umineko XD
¬ Bru
¬ Bru

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Because you are my friend! - phio69

Back to top Go down

Post by tiredEyes 2011-01-13, 18:43

ALT! Your Grandma is hip and happening!! :DDDD
tiredEyes
tiredEyes

cupcakes for our new friend. - phio69 for your contribution so far! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-01-14, 04:04

Artesox wrote:

OMG ALT!

THE MOST AWESOME GRANDMA EVER

tiredEyes wrote:ALT! Your Grandma is hip and happening!! :DDDD

Wahahahaha! Thanks Artesox and tiredEyes! *hi5* I think that made Granny one of Shikata san's oldest fan? big smile

Granny was actually a musician herself (she was a music teacher) and love listening to instrumental compositions, probably that was why she identified with Shikata san? Really wished that she had the chance to listen to more of Shikata san's pieces though smile
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 &#39;Cause you&#39;re the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-01-15, 00:04

@ALT: O-M-G. That is purely awesome! You must be very thankful to her, eh? Such a unique experience, ahaha~ XD I wonder what was the first song that made her hooked to Shikata-sama.

@Bru: I did that to my friend, though it wasn't through Umineko, but Ar tonelico. big smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-01-15, 01:12

phio69 wrote:
@Bru: I did that to my friend, though it wasn't through Umineko, but Ar tonelico. big smile

I'm doing the same right now : D

I had lent my ar tonelicos to a friend. And he is liking the game, and the music.

But he hasn't listened to Paja,Chronicle Key and Harmonious yet.
But he liked the opening : D
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-01-15, 18:28

Artesox, bring him here! boss
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-01-23, 04:18

phio69 wrote:@ALT: O-M-G. That is purely awesome! You must be very thankful to her, eh? Such a unique experience, ahaha~ XD I wonder what was the first song that made her hooked to Shikata-sama.

Hahaha~ Let me use an analogy. Shikata san was the one who casted the net, Granny's the one who found the bait, and I'm the one who got hooked big smile

Our first song of hers is from Midori no Mori de Nemuru Tori~ I didn't really appreciate her voice at first, since the way she projects her voice can actually make people slightly uncomfortable. In fact, Petite four was the one which got me slightly interested~ I'm really glad that Shikata san improved tremendously over the years, with greater voice versatility and singing techniques smile

phio69 wrote:Artesox, bring him here!

ARTESOX, KIDNAP BRING HIM HERE NOW XD
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by kandori 2011-03-02, 02:00

The first Akiko song I heard was 'Uta Oka~Harmonics Eolia', from an anime music blog.
However, it was 'Reimei~Aurora', which I heard a year or two later (also heard from a blog), that stunned me greatly. After listening to it, I searched her music through the Internet.
She's a goddess.
kandori
kandori

Enjoy this new home, hopefully. - phio_chan I know you&#39;re awesome. :P - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroi neko 2011-03-02, 23:09

From Ar Tonelico 2...hehehe...when I heard METHOD_IMPLANTA. and METHOD_METAFALICA.
that's make me cheers up...hehe... beauty
kuroi neko
kuroi neko
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the drawings that&#39;ve brightened up my days :) - -ALT- Because you&#39;re an amazing artist! - phio69 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki

https://www.facebook.com/meggy.diana#!/profile.php?id=1440292492&

Back to top Go down

Post by Spinel 2011-04-25, 07:59

From Ar Tonelico. ^^

I just played years ago and found that the hymmnos are very amazing. Then I look up for the songs and yay, Akiko Shikata XD

And ALT, great granny you have there XD
Spinel
Spinel

A welcome gift. :3 - freija93 So you enjoy your stay here. ^^ - freija93

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-26, 00:11

Yay for another-fan-who-know-a-goddess-through-an-infamous-game-called-Ar-tonelico. big smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-04-26, 02:17

freija93 wrote:Yay for another-fan-who-know-a-goddess-through-an-infamous-game-called-Ar-tonelico. big smile

Say that again and I will report you to the admin ò_ó
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-04-26, 03:17

Artesox wrote:
freija93 wrote:Yay for another-fan-who-know-a-goddess-through-an-infamous-game-called-Ar-tonelico. big smile

Say that again and I will report you to the admin ò_ó

Well~ Phio chan IS the admin matrix
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-27, 00:30

LOL at the two of you. XD

Well, at least here among my friends, that game is not much known. To them it seems somehow girl-ish so they kinda avoid it. >.>
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-04-27, 01:37

Em... so far, none of my gamer friends actually play AT. It's not well known over here either. I didn't play it too~ since I'm not that much into gaming~ hahaha
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ChronosGuArdian 2011-04-27, 14:37

i know from Ar Toenlico series..

when i was downloaded some song in that game.. i found the name.. shikata akiko.. since that day.. i starting for collect many akiko shikata works...
ChronosGuArdian
ChronosGuArdian

So that you enjoy your stay. - phio_chan A present~ :) - phio_chan I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-27, 17:34

I made a bunch of Google searches and found out that there are only a few AT pics compared to other games. xD

Too bad, Croix looks cute. XDD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-27, 21:12

@Chronos: Exactly the same case as me too. big smile

@kazaki: Wha- Croix? Cute?! Gosh, "he" looks like a "she" at the beginning! I couldn't even tell whether "he" is a "he" or a "she". XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-28, 00:52

@Phio-chan: If I were myself from years ago, I also would've thought Croix is a girl. See, back then I never saw ANY guy with long hair, since I was enrolled in a Catholic School. So yeah.

But now I guess I'm the opposite. Long-haired guys are cute, nyeh. Not to mention those "cool" types, not just Croix. There's Lelouch (Code Geass), Jellal (Fairy Tail), and some others from other video games. xD

Hate to say this, but now I don't like short-haired/bald guys. Except comedians who look silly, I guess. xDD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-28, 00:56

Hey, I was in Catholic schools as well! big smile

Mm, I can accept Lulu. He is indeed charming, I agree absolutely. Since I don't know the other names... Well, okay. I think it's quite a nice refreshing once in a while to see different types of boys. XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-04-28, 01:57

Actually, Croix and Lulu are the only main characters I know who are "cool". Most main characters are usually hot-headed, super-charged, spiky-haired, and yeah, you know. Like Naruto, Goku, Natsu (Fairy Tail), Tsuna (Hitman Reborn), and many more. xD

I seem to like the "cool" characters though, even if they're the villain. xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-28, 02:10

I can't agree more with you on that. big smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by yukihime03 2011-04-28, 02:32

How did I know Akiko Shikata?
Ask our beloved admin. XD
yukihime03
yukihime03
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

A welcome gift. :3 - freija93 I know you love it. - freija93 You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You love chocolate don&#39;t you ;) - -ALT- It&#39;s orange flavor, I think... - hikaru miaka Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana I hope you enjoy your stay here. :) - kazaki03 for our snow princess ^^ - svetyalana So snowy~ - phio_chan Happy birthday! - phio_chan Because I can&#39;t send you one in real life. XD - phio_chan

http://yukihime03.livejournal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-04-28, 02:45

Aigoo~ shame
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down