A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic: Introduction?

4 posters

Go down

Basic: Introduction? Empty Basic: Introduction?

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-15, 19:17

since it's usually the simplest way to start. ;)

so, how can we introduce ourselves in Italian? oh, and I wonder if words in Italian are read different than what's written, like in French or German. if yes, I guess I'll make use of the recorder in my phone and post it a lot on the internet. XD

thank you!
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Basic: Introduction? Empty Re: Basic: Introduction?

Post by Maruko 2010-11-16, 00:03

Well, well, well... Words in Italian are read different that what's written, but not always. Anyways... How do we Italians introduce ourselves? Simply...

"Buongiorno, mi chiamo Marco e ho 16 anni."

Marco is my name (eng. Mark);
Buongiorno is composed by Buon and Giorno, in english is Good and Morning = Goodmorning;
Mi chiamo is the verb "chiamarsi", which is riflessive because its meaning refers to the subject;
Ho 16 anni means "I'm 16 years old".
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-16, 01:28

okay. that's cool. now to how to pronounce it. from all those words, which ones read different than how it's written?
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-16, 01:33

Almost everyone.

16 is read Sedici, where the "c" is read like "chilly".
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-16, 01:37

ouch. looks like it's gonna be hard studying like this. XD

let's go from the first word: "buongiorno". how do you say "buon" and "giorno"? I pronounced it exactly the same as how it's written, only that I read "gi-" as in "giraffe". smile

sorry to bother you, hehe~ I'm just trying out this new section. ;)
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-16, 03:27

No problems, I like trying to teach someone else my language, though it's a bit difficult~

About "gi", it's exactly like that~

Mi chiamo: "mi" is pronounced as "me" in english ^^ "chiamo" is pronounced as it's written, but "chi" is like the english word "key".

Ho: is the verb "to have" and it's red as it's written, withouth the aspiration of the H.
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by F r i s k 2010-11-16, 03:55

I have an idea! >_<
Maruko what if you made a thread with the Italian alphabet and how to pronounce the letters, along with commonly used letter combos like "mi", etc. and then create a thread for commonly used phrases, and then expand from there to include other categories.
Good or bad? ;3
F r i s k
F r i s k
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section
Country Flag : United States
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 sweets for energy! - phio69 have a great day. - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For everything you&#39;ve done for us :D - -ALT- For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-16, 04:20

Very good >8D
To be honest, I actually wanted to do something like that, but it was too difficoult because Italian is a very complex language >< Anyhow, I can make some registrations of the pronunciation ^^
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by F r i s k 2010-11-16, 10:14

Yea!~ =^_^=
I was trying to remember my Spanish class, and how my teacher taught it. Although Italian is somewhat similar to Spanish I know they can be very different, so I look forward to see what the differences are. And, good luck!
F r i s k
F r i s k
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section
Country Flag : United States
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 sweets for energy! - phio69 have a great day. - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For everything you&#39;ve done for us :D - -ALT- For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-16, 12:50

hey, awesome idea, Frisk! I was actually confused where to start learning, so I decided to make such thread, hehe~

I've tried saying it, and I guess I can work it well. thanks, Maruko! ^^

next, what about if I want to say, "I am from Indonesia"? smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-17, 01:43

"I am from Indonesia" translated is "Io vengo dall'Indonesia".

Io = this is the subjec. The "i" is read as the "e" in english.

Vengo = this is the verb "to come". In Italian, when someone has to say where she/he comes from, we use "to come".

dall' = to be more precise, this word might be "dalla". But because of Indonesia starts with a vowel, we Italians take away the finale "a" from "dalla", and put a ' (apostrophe). I don't know if you know the Italian Singer Lucio Dalla... well, "dall'" is pronounced as Dalla, only without the final "a".

Indonesia = nothing to say I think~
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-17, 01:56

oooh, I see. that's cool! let's see what's more I'd like to ask, hehe~

hey, everybody else is welcome to ask on this topic if you want to know more! this is not a private lesson, haha~ XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You&#39;re so awesome!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki You&#39;re totally the greatest admin ever!!! &lt;3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We&#39;re the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2010-11-18, 12:30

I have a question about Italian pronouns. I've read that they have gender specific pronouns too. Are those used like the Japanese Kimi/Anata and Boku/Watashi? xD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Philippines
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

http://www.kazaki-music.asia/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-19, 01:14

Yep~

Italian Pronouns are these:

Io (I)
Tu (You)
Lui / Lei (He / She)
Noi (We)
Voi (You)
Essi (They)

We don't have the corrispective for "It". Lui is the MALE pronoun of third person, and Lei is the FEMALE pronoun of third person. Second person pronoun, Tu, is pronounced as it is "Too" in english ^^

There's an alternative, more used form for "Lui", and it is "Egli". The sound "gli" in english doesn'exist, and it's a bit difficoult to explain how to pronounce it. Maybe I'll do a recording ><
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2010-11-19, 12:22

And how about the ending letters (such as when to end with -a for girls and -o for boys)...?
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here&#39;s a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You&#39;re so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-19, 20:55

Oh humm... For example...

Beautiful in Italian is said "Bello" (MALE) and "Bella" (FEMALE). We simply change the final vowel from "o" to "a". It isn't always like this, but it's frequently used.

The same think happens with articles, past particicles, name etc... ^^
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2010-11-20, 14:49

Could you give example sentences? Thank you.
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2010-11-21, 00:52

Let's see...

In english there's only one determinative article: The. In italian we have a male, singular article, a famale, singular article, a male, plural article and a female, plural article.

MALE
Singular: Il
Plural: I

FEMALE
Singular: La
Plural: Le

The same thing happens with undeterminative articles. English has only "a", Italian has:

MALE
Singular: Un, Uno
Plural: Degli

FEMALE
Singular: Un', Una
Plurale: Delle

Female, singular article "Un'" is used when it precedes a female word starting with vowel. With all other cases, we use Una.
Male, singulare article "Un" is used when it precedes a male word starting with vowel. With all other cases, we use Uno.

Anyway, I'm preparing a first lesson with alphabet and other stuffs.
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2010-11-21, 17:08

Thank you! smile
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2010-11-21, 19:06

wow, it's kinda confusing. it's similar to German, how some words and articles are written differently based on male or female characteristics.

I can't wait for your first lesson, sir! smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down