A Singing Harmony
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations

+3
phio_chan
Maruko
thesebzgal
7 posters

Go down

Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations Empty Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-11, 22:24

As I write, I've already finalized the first chapter and have started on the second. I will publicize them as soon as the forum gets reorganized.

The story is heavy on Greek Mythology, particularly on the Muses, so it's best you read up a bit before starting. Just Wikipedia them.

Chapter 1: The Muses and the Pierides.
Chapter 2: Jason and the Argonauts, especially Orpheus, Hercules, Atalanta, and the Boreads.

Last edited by thesebzgal on 2011-05-16, 12:18; edited 1 time in total
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award
Country Flag : Philippines
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for all you have done for ASH - phio69 for coming back to us - phio69 Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin A welcome-back gift. - phio_chan For being a Filipino like me. =) - kazaki03

http://arcanaissance.net/

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations Empty Re: Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations

Post by Maruko 2011-05-11, 23:30

Do you understand Japanese?
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations Empty Re: Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-11, 23:46

@Maruko: Yeah, obviously she did. XD

@Sebz: Okay then. Good luck on working on the second chapter~ And thank you in advance. :3

A side update to everyone: We have bought the domain pantalea.com! Now moving on to buy the hosting. Once everything is ready, we'll do our best to move this forum out to a new place, so stay tuned with us! :P
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Country Flag : Indonesia
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

https://chouwa-harmonia.forummotion.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maruko 2011-05-12, 00:00

OMG. Shikata's Blog DD:'' Anyhow, I studied Greece Mythology, so I'm ok 8D
Maruko
Maruko
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

VIP Award ASH Graphic Contest #1 Winner Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 a thank-you gift from me - phio69 have fun, my dear contributor! - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Maruko For the wonderful voices and melodies :) - -ALT- Just awesome. XD - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03

http://www.arsmagica.net

Back to top Go down

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-18, 12:59

I've just finished translating chapter two. Follow me on Twitter for live updates on the project.
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 for all you have done for ASH - phio69 for coming back to us - phio69 Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin A welcome-back gift. - phio_chan For being a Filipino like me. =) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-18, 16:22

Pantalea.com? WOOOW. Sounds cool. xDD
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here's a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

http://www.kazaki-music.asia/

Back to top Go down

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-19, 00:08

...and, very clearly, no one cares =_=
I'll just password protect the damn documents or something.
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-19, 00:18

Ya, what's with that? Don't let it get you down, we just haven't known how awesome it is since you haven't posted it. smile
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award
Thank You for being such a great friend to me. - Marvin For you being you. - Marvin For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the creator of the wonderful ASH :) - -ALT- Hope things will be better with the power of crystal :D - -ALT- For our beloved admin! - Nonomino So a chronicle of our friendship always exists! - Ellie_T May this armor protect you from all harm~ - Ellie_T You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You're totally the greatest admin ever!!! <3 - Kyoki I hope you will like it! - hikaru miaka You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana Thank you for all your hard work, Admin-sama! - Ellie_T We're the cutest Mafia ever!! - svetyalana pick your poison, my dear friend. XD - yukihime03 I would have never reached Gold Rank without you guys. Thanks. :) - kazaki03

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-19, 00:25

Hey hey! Don't get sad. I feel the same way when no one reads my original stories though.

So post it and we'll be sure to read it. smile
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award
welcome to ASH! ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin Pursue your dreams, you have my support! :) - -ALT- Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino For awesomeness! - phio_chan arigatou na. here's a moon for u. ^-^ - yukihime03 You're so sweet~! - Ellie_T For our dear Hymmnos singer! Thank you for your lovely songs~ - Ellie_T Grats! You have over 1000 posts! :D - Kyoki

Back to top Go down

Post by kuroi neko 2011-05-19, 00:57

yeah that's right... big smile
kuroi neko
kuroi neko
Contributing Member
Contributing Member

for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For the drawings that've brightened up my days :) - -ALT- Because you're an amazing artist! - phio69 You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki

https://www.facebook.com/meggy.diana#!/profile.php?id=1440292492&

Back to top Go down

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-23, 21:57

I've finished all three chapters.
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-23, 22:20

*throws confetti* Super awesome, Sebz! I so can't wait to see them all. big smile Guess you can rest a while now as we wait for new chapter to comes out. :P
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by Artesox 2011-05-23, 22:38

I want @_@
Artesox
Artesox
Bronze Member
Bronze Member

VIP Award
Country Flag : Brazil
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 For being fans of Akiko Shikata like me~ - Wasabi thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy 2011~! - Wasabi Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For our very own talented writer ;) Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki You guys are awesome. :D - kazaki03 Thank you for being awesome Shikata friends. =) - kazaki03 For following me on Twitter. =) - kazaki03 For awesomeness! - phio_chan

Back to top Go down

Regarding the Kalliope Novel Translations Empty Denied. PUBLISHING IS DENIED.

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-26, 18:16

Dear Sebz

こんにちは。
志方あきこ音楽サイト「VAGRANCY」INFORMATIONです。
志方あきこを応援してくださり、誠にありがとうございます。
お問い合わせの件につきまして、ご返答申し上げます。

誠に申し訳ありませんが、著作権の関係上、
「Istoria~Kalliope」の文章をWeb上にあげることは禁止となっております。
それは英訳文においても同様です。

せっかくのメールにこのような返答となってしまい申し訳ありませんが、
何卒ご了承くださいませ。

これからも志方あきこをどうぞよろしくお願いします。
用件のみですが、これにて失礼致します。

(Adding English Ver.)
Hello.
This is VAGRANCY INFORMATION.

Thank you for your support to Akiko Shikata.
We reply your question.

Sorry but it is prohibited that loading 「Istoria~Kalliope」Novel to Website
Because of copyright rules.
Even when the novel is translated in English as well.

Sorry for returning such reply despite your supporting mail.
Please note that the lower.

Thank you from now on.
And sorry for my poor English.

Many thanks,

From VAGRANCY
MAIL:support@vagrancy.jp
WEB :http://www.vagrancy.jp/

I'm responding to this email saying that I respect copyright issues (being a crazy copyright supporter myself), and that it's a shame English fans can't read this. Also, I'm asking them if there's another way to publicize translation without abusing copyright.
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-27, 01:20

Heh, I should have known. These guys really worried about copyright issues. *sigh* Thank you for asking them that, Sebz! I really, really hope that they would at least somehow let us share it here. Maybe we can protect it with password or something. XD
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-27, 01:44

Thanks for everything you've done Sebz smile

Yea, for Japan side, they're always worried about copyrights issue. A *possible* way will be to contact the writer of the story directly (I'm not sure who is it). But that again doesn't guarantee anything... nevertheless, we really thank you for your hardwork smile
-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-27, 01:47

Wow, Japan is THAT strict when it comes to copyright. Which is why no Concert DVD. sad
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by phio_chan 2011-05-27, 02:19

-ALT- wrote:A *possible* way will be to contact the writer of the story directly (I'm not sure who is it). But that again doesn't guarantee anything...

I thought the author is Shikata-san? :O
phio_chan
phio_chan
Main Administrator
Main Administrator

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by thesebzgal 2011-05-27, 09:51

I strongly support their copyright concerns.

and people hate me for it.

*sigh* pirates.
thesebzgal
thesebzgal
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Platinum Award

Back to top Go down

Post by kazaki03 2011-05-27, 16:17

It would've been cool if Shikata was the author.
kazaki03
kazaki03
Gold Member
Gold Member

VIP Award Gold Award

Back to top Go down

Post by -ALT- 2011-05-28, 01:45

The author of the novel is Suzuki Ou/Suzuki Oh (鈴木桜)

If you guys want to try, you can try to contact here via her website --> http://www.ohyago.org/

-ALT-
-ALT-
Silver Member
Silver Member

ASH Christmas & New Year Event 2010 Poem Section VIP Award
for being a member at ASH ^^ - phio69 thank you. so much. - phio69 Happy new year! - Artesox Happy Holidays Guys! - Marvin For your participation in ASH Christmas & New Year 2010 Event. - phio69 'Cause you're the best! :D - phio69 You are such a kind person! - phio69 Yay for being a Gold Member!~ - Nonomino You're so awesome!!! <3 - Kyoki Thank you. ^-^ - yukihime03 Thank you very much ^.^ - svetyalana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down